Answered By: Josh Denby Last Updated: Jan 12, 2017 Views: 73
Number searching allows you to search by:
- Library of Congress Call number,
- ISBN/ISSN number,
- OCLC/WorldCat number,
- Dewey Decimal call number, or
- Call numbers assigned to specialized collections such as microfilm or video recording.
To search using numbers in the Library Catalog :
1. Start at the Library Catalog homepage
2. Select ‘Number Search’ from the drop down menu in the top right corner of the catalog page, or
Select ‘Number Search’ from the list of ‘Other Search Pages’ at the bottom of the catalog page.
This will direct you to a Number Search Page:
3. select a number category. (See ‘Examples’ next to each category to see a description of the numbers in the category)
4. enter a number in the search box and select ‘Submit’.
Note: Library of Congress and Dewey Call Numbers are categorized by subject. Search the first few letters and/or numbers of the call number and your search will return related results.